Chelsea have spent plenty of money on recruitment during the January transfer window, landing Mykhaylo Mudryk, Noni Madueka, Andrey Santos, David Datro Fofana and Benoit Badiashile.
But the Blues may not be done with transfer activity before Tuesday’s window closure.
Chelsea are still eager to bolster their midfield options, having missed out on a few key targets.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA TO MOVE FOR EVERTON MIDFIELDER
Chelsea will move to sign unsettled Everton defensive midfielder Amadou Onana, according to The Times.
The Blues will divert their attention to the Senegal-born Belgium international after missing out on Benfica’s Enzo Fernandez and Brighton and Hove Albion’s Moises Caicedo.
Onana was given a leave of absence from Everton training earlier this week and is unhappy given the club’s plight with Frank Lampard sacked as manager this week.
– Ferran Torres could be sold by Barcelona in the off-season, despite only joining the Blaugrana in January last year, reports Sport. Barca have ignored offers for the forward in January, despite some clubs wanting him on loan while the report links Atletico Madrid with the 22-year-old.
– Milan are monitoring the status of Manchester City full-back Joao Cancelo, according to The Sun. The Portuguese has struggled for games since the World Cup and could be open to a move.
– Tottenham are getting closer to completing a deal for Sporting full-back Pedro Porro, reports The Guardian. Sporting are determined to recoup his buyout clause of €45 million (£39.7m), with talks, ongoing since the start of the month, getting towards a conclusion.
– Fabrizio Romano claims Weston McKennie has agreed personal terms with Leeds United however the move hinges on negotiations with Juventus about the transfer fee. Leeds’ opening bid was €28m, but the Bianconeri want €35m.
– Everton are plotting a shock £25m move to sign Chelsea’s Moroccan winger Hakim Ziyech, claims Sky Sports. Roma are also interested in the 29-year-old too, while PSG are keeping tabs on him, according to Media Foot.
– Nottingham Forest are weighing up a bid to sign 28-year-old Italian midfielder Roberto Gagliardini from Inter, claims Calciomercato.